This is Ashley Larochelle, VP People & Culture at Thermacell.
At Thermacell, we exist to liberate people who love the outdoors from the harmful effects of insects. We work had to take action to unmosquito life and protect outdoor moments by putting out innovative and highly effective products into the world. This is our WHY.
But HOW do we do it? Great products have to come from somewhere… our amazing PEOPLE! We’ve got 130+ teammates in the broader Thermacell community. We’ve evolved a ton as we’ve grown in the last 3 years, adding 90+ jobs across 4 facilities, 15 states and 3 countries! As you can imagine, it can be challenging with so much growth and complexity to protect all the awesomeness of the small disruptive entrepreneurial organization while evolving into the mid-size company that we are today.
We are very intentional in our People actions.
- We clearly define our common culture so that we are all rowing in the same direction. We all know what is expected of us, and what we can expect from our teammates. Our internal core values have recently evolved into Drive, Ownership, Integrity, Teamwork, & Evolution.
- We over-communicate clarity each month at our All Hands Meeting and quarterly for our Operations Teams. We discuss strategies, results, exciting happenings, culture crew events, new benefits and programs, and feedback loops to name a few things.
- We recognize exceptional performances each and every week during the Leadership Team meeting and personalize the gratitude in a variety of awards and rewards. A culture of performance and gratitude starts at the top.
- We invest in our greatest asset – our people and ensure they are cared for. We have put in best in class health insurance benefits, 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all, and a fully inclusive bereavement leave policy for modern families with up to 30 days of leave to name a few things we’ve done recently to be a best place to work.
- We are also developing and equipping our people to help us continue to grow through some formal coaching programs, and leadership development training this fall.
It’s amazing what kind of innovation and results you can get by treating people like humans, not resources. Great companies are founded by great people… period. Thanks for putting your trust in our products, and in turn our people. We all authentically care about our impact on your outdoor moments and are obsessed with improving the lives of our communities.
VP People & Culture (Don’t ever call me HR 😉)
Categories: From The Leadership